2008-10-07

Why "Borrowed Sugar"?

Well, I've finally decided to start a blog.

Honestly, I don't know why it's taken me this long. Maybe I thought I wouldn't have anything to say, or maybe I just didn't want to devote the time I thought was necessary. Nevertheless, I've begun.

In this space I hope to share some things that I've found interesting or helpful in any of a number of areas of my life. My posts here could range from Jesus and the Bible to music or computers, and beyond.

So, to start off my blog I'll give a brief explanation of how I chose the title "Borrowed Sugar." mewithoutYou is probably one of my favorite bands of all time. Aaron Weiss (the lead singer and main lyric writer) is probably the deepest thinking frontman I've heard in a very long time. His lyrics are so poetic and thought provoking. The title is from the song "January 1979" on their 2nd album "Catch for Us the Foxes". Here's the line:
My life is a cup of sugar I borrowed before time began and forgot to return.
I love this line because it reminds me that I am not my own, I was bought with a price (1 Corinthians 6:19-20).

2 comments:

Jessica said...

what a great name to name the blog. i like it. i think i might have to check out this band you speak so highly of :)

ninerkz said...

Here's a link to some of their music on Purevolume.

Post a Comment